Tuesday 9 March 2010

Spotlight on... UKKO sponsored Pro Neil Chaudhuri

Our fourth Pro spotlight focuses on English Professional Neil Chaudhuri. The format is simple: we ask a few questions, they answer and you get to see what makes them tick.

Neil is wearing the UKKO White Cotton Polo, Black Merino Tank & Black Titanium Belt, all available to buy from our online store.

Your tour/base - Alps Tour


Handicap - Reached +3.3 as an Amateur

What's in your bag? (we like details!)
Driver - Callaway FT5 9 degrees
Woods - Callaway X Tour 15 degree 3 wood and a Callaway steelhead 5 wood (an absolute classic)
Irons - Mizuno MP60s 3-PW
Wedges - Cleveland 588 Tour Grind
Putter - David Whitlam
Balls - Titleist Pro V1x


1. Your ultimate fourball with anyone past & present?
Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods.


2. Before the big game, what's on your iPod to get the adrenalin pumping?
Eminem - Till I collapse.


3. Where would you take them on?
St Andrews


4. What's your fairway style - Bling or brogues?
Brogues for sure. Definitely let the clubs do the talking.


5. How would you celebrate your win?
I would treat myself to a new car. Something fast.


6. 1st and last drink on the 19th?
Champagne to celebrate followed by some Jaiger bombs - so much fun!!


7. Your missus has gone out for the evening - what d'you cook?
Spaghetti Bolognase - I love pasta (and that's all I can cook).


8. Your private jet is on the tarmac and ready to fly - where d'you go?
Thailand - I love that country. Beautiful country, wonderful people and hot all year round. It's paradise.


9. Which club's first in your bag?
The big dog. I had a caddy when I played in South Africa who only let me take driver off every tee. "Let the big dog eat" were his exact words. Since then I've loved to give the driver a rip.


10. Who do you hang around with on tour?
The girls in the VIP tents.

11. (i) How has this season been for you so far?
After a dissapointing start to the season, things are looking up - I narrowly missed out on winning my 1st event as a pro in Spain back in June. It was our biggest event of the season on The Alps Tour. I ended up in 3rd place having led the way for most of the tournament. My 66 in the 1st round was the lowest round of the week and it was nice to be in the mix again.

It's my first season as a pro and so it's a big learning curve for me and like all professions, it takes time to work your way up.


11. (ii) What are your main goals for the remainder of the season?
I would love to have my breakthrough win on The Alps Tour. But my main focus is to prepare well for European Tour Qualifying and Asian Tour Qualifying.

12. Where do you want to be in 3 years?

Living the dream on The European Tour.

13. If golf didn't exist, what would you be doing?
Never given it much thought before - but being a nightclub owner sounds pretty lucrative. Bit random, but the amount they charge you in clubs - it's got to be good money!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment